The new VIP criteria is as follows:
- You must've been a member for at least half a year.
- You must've made at least 250 posts.
- You must've not trolled, flamed or posted spam during your time on the site*
- You must've posted frequently during your time on the site.
If you've made 250+ posts within a short time frame and have been inactive for a long time, you won't be made a VIP; VIPs should post at least
a few times a week. The odd time away from the site due to depression, vacation, etc. is OK, but near-constant time away from the site for apparently no valid reason doesn't make you VIP-worthy.
In some cases, people get VIP status without reaching the above criteria. If a staff-member is friendly with a user they can ask me if they can be made a VIP. However, the staff-member must be confident that the user won't start trouble and will stay active. If I'm to choose not to make them a VIP, I kindly ask that you don't get mad at me nor that you persist in trying to get me to give them VIP status. It's quite rare that I myself give VIP status to people simply for liking them, so I ask that you also don't casually feel the need to give out VIP status sparingly. VIP status must
Carefully read everything that was said above. If you meet the VIP criteria, or at least think you meet it, PM me. If you haven't gotten in trouble here ever, there's a high probability that you'll be given VIP status. If you're, for whatever reason, not given VIP status, don't get aggressive towards me as that will simply lower the probability of you becoming a VIP in the future and will perhaps get you warned/banned.Important notes:
- Current VIPs who don't meet the above criteria won't be demoted to User status.
- *People who've been banned and/or warned in the past will be given the chance to become a VIP if they've gone a year since the day they were unbanned/warned without getting into trouble, have at least 500 posts and have posted frequently. Think of the extra 6 months waiting time as being a sort of E-parole.
- Users, including VIPs, aren't permitted to ask staff-members to give people VIP status and may get warned if they do so.